The final stable version of Ubuntu 9.04 has been released today. It is available as a standard Desktop Edition for Desktops, Server Edition for Servers and the Netbook Remix Edition for Laptops and Netbooks. Goto the official site and take a tour to find out more.
So you have Ubuntu Installed but do no have Internet Connection or have a very slow connection and cannot install new packages or update it. This one is for you.
You may have noticed a problem when uninstalling some programs, if you have Ntfs in Windows XP, Vista or 7, you are likely to face this problem. When you try to uninstall ’em from Add/Remove Programs List, they show a message “Could not Open Install.Log File!”. This problem is generally seen with “Wise Installation Wizard”. I have seen it only with “Wise Installation Wizard”. I don’t know if other installers give rise to same problem.
When you try to uninstall them from
It again gives the same error.
This can be solved and the program can be un-installed without having to remove the directory, shortcuts and registry entries manually, which is really difficult and tiresome. I have found a solution to this problem and sharing with you all.
What is I-Doser??
The I-Doser application scientifically synchs your brainwaves to achieve a specific mood or experience, as outlined by the dose you are taking. It does this through the use of a binaural beat dose that changes your brainwave patterns to make you feel a certain way. Binaural brainwave doses for every imaginable mood.
What are drg files??
.drg files are I-Doser drug files available in I-Doser store, which can be played in I-Doser application once. After playing it once, you will not be able to play it anymore. You will have to buy the dose again to play the dose again. According to I-Doser disclaimer “Doses are one-time use files for use through the I-Doser Application.”
EDIT: As of Version 4.x, you can play doses multiple times.
For further information about I-Doser and doses, visit http://www.I-doser.com.
We were going to talk about how to convert these doses to Wav. This may be illegal. But I haven’t found anything said in I-Doser that says doing so is illegal. However, use this tutorial at your own risk. Me or any of the owners of media hosting this tutorial will not be responsible for what you do with information from this tutorial. Please be warned.
What this tutorial is not about??
Please be informed that this tutorial is NOT about playing a dose and recording it with third party recording software. Recording with third party application such as JetAudio, Total Recorder etc. is also an option, but you may experience loss of sound quality and thus complete effects of doses may not be experienced.
I-Doser is a rip off of an Open Source program called Sbagen. Sbagen is a Brain-Wave generating program, which comes with some presets for enhancing and relaxing your brain. This application has a preset file (.sbg) which can be played and recorded to wav too. So, if we have Sbagen and the sbg of the drug, we will easily be able to record it with the help of Sbagen and this should record sbg files with no loss of quality.
And what are the drg files that come with I-Doser?? A .drg file is just an encrypted .sbg + information about the dose and the screenshot.
So, you may be thinking that we will need to de-crypt this file and obtain the sbg. But it is much more simpler than you thought. Read on…
EDIT: ignore this section if you are using I-Doser version 4 or newer.
For trying this tutorial, you may need to open the dose file again and again in I-Doser, which is not permitted by I-Doser software. You can bypass this with any of the following methods:
1. Get a cracked version of I-Doser.
2. Play doses as many times as you like.
1. Open regedit and navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\IDoser\
2. Delete the key drgMBUN so that all the values in the key get deleted. Then you will be able to play any played dose again.
3. Play and enjoy. However, to replay it again, you will need to follow steps 1 and 2 again.
1. Open the already played .drg file in a text editor. Notepad will do.
2. Change the first line of the file from Q??????? to anything.
3. Play the dose and enjoy. To replay the dose, you will need to change the first line to something else again.
Tools Required for convertion to wav:
We need only two tools and they are:
1. I-Doser itself. Get it from I-Doser.com if you haven’t already downloaded it. Version 3 is available in the time this tutorial is written. However, you may also use version 4 beta.(not available to public now).
EDIT: The current version is version 4.5 and this tutorial works flawlessly with it.
UPDATE: Not required if using Online DRG to SBG Converter.
2. Sbagen. Get it from http://uazu.net/sbagen/ or just Google for it. Download the Windows installer version.
Download and install both applications before you continue.
Part I: Obtaining the sbg file from the drg:
(Method I – I-Doser temp.xqp Method)
1. Launch I-Doser and Open the dose file. (For I-doser version 3 and earlier: If you have already opened the .drg file once, read Duplicating Doses section above.)
2. Hit “Play dose” and leave it.
3. Now, navigate to the folder you have installed I-Doser to. This should be your Program Files\I-Doser directory or wherever you have installed it.
EDIT: Vista users who have installed I-doser without administrator privilages may need to navigate to \Users\%username%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\IDoser v4 to find the installation directory.
4. Look for a file named temp.xqp.
5. Copy this file to another location such as your desktop.
6. Open temp.xqp with notepad and you will see it is readable to some extent, as compared to the .drg files.
7. Now, add “-SE” without quotes in the first line of the temp.xqp file so that it looks like:
alpha10: pink/40 300+10/60
alpha12: pink/40 300+12.25/60
8. Save the file as “something.sbg” WITH quotes so that it is saved with an sbg extention.
(Method II – Online DRG to SBG Converter Method)
1. Open up Online DRG to SBG Converter.
2. Click on Browse and select the DRG file you want to convert.
3. Press the Press to Upload button.
4. Save the file.
Part II: Converting to Wav.
1. Now, right click the newly saved file. If you have Sbagen installed, you will see a “Write to Wave” option. Click it and wait for a few minutes till recording is done.
2. You will see a Out.wav file in the same directory where the .sbg file is located. Rename it to something else, if you want to convert another file, else your out.wav will be overwritten.
3. Play the wav file dose in your favourite media player or burn it to a DVD\CD or your MP3 player\PMP and enjoy.
Note that if you convert it to some other formats (such as MP3), the doses may not be effective. However, you can convert to MP3 by using converters such as Audacity+lame.
Also note that Right and Left speakers of your headphones should be placed in correct ears for the doses to function and you should have high quality stereo headphones. And speakers do not work. You will need headphones for I-Doser to work.
PS: Hope this tutorial is easy to follow and is understandable. My native language is not English so pardon me for mistakes.
Download Model Photos from Cybersansar using Cybersansar Photo Downloader.
I recently encountered a Youtube video which featured Gnome Do with Docky. Then I dumped the Cairo Dock I was using and replaced it with Gnome Do. I have also tried kiba-dock which is quite buggy (it is in developement). I also tried the Avant Window Navigator but found it was not so good to my liking.
The Gnome Do features the Advanced indicators which mimics the OS X dock and it is totally awesome.
You just found a solution to your problem in google, but cannot view it because the site that requires you to be a registered user.
How do you bypass compulsory registrations to such sites?
Well, I used bugmenot most of the times. But bugmenot does not contain login for all sites (unless of course somebody posts it there) and some sites ban users whose login information is posted in bugmenot.
Use Google Cache.
Most sites allow google bots to view and cache the page contents so that they get their content indexed in Google. You can view the page the by simply clicking Cached.
What if Google cache doesn’t have the item (or you cannot search for it) and simply want to browse the site as a Googlebot?
You can make websites think that you are Googlebot. Use the User Agent Switcher Firefox add-on to change your useragent to Googlebot.
To add a new agent, the Googlebot, navigate to Tools > User Agent Switcher > Options > Options and in User Agents, add a new User agent with description User Agent both set to Googlebot 2.1.
When you encounter such a site you can try switching to Googlebot from the Tools > User Agent Switcher > Googlebot 1.2 to view the page. If the site administrator has allowed bots to browse the site to increase her Search Engine ranking, you can browse the site.
You may be tempted to keep the user agent as Googlebot permanently. However, it is recommended to keep the user agent to default unless of course you really need to change it Keeping the User Agent to other than your original browser settings will make it problematic for the sites to recognize your browser and your Operating System and you may not get proper content.
Comments and other workarounds are welcome.